9.14.2015

week 58 . suddenly i [SEA]

Links in red [click for more info]

Sorry that I'm sending the email so late this week. It's because this morning. . . 

WE WENT TO THE BEACH (with Sister Soares! [mom note: Mission President's wife] Don't worry I'm being obedient I promise haha)

It was the first time that I've seen the beach on the mission and I can now say for myself that California beaches don't compare with the beaches here in Natal. I'm spoiled now. Sister Soares took Sister J. Silva, Sister Weatherford, Sister Nóbrega, Sister Antunes, Sister B. Pereira and I to pass the morning with her at the sand dunes and beach. Best pday ever. We took lots of pictures (just for you momma!) which I will send as soon as possible. I got a solid sunburn and sea salt in my hair and I'm pumped about it. (and planning on buying aloe vera when I leave the internet café haha). I love Sister Soares so much, it was great to spend some more personal time with her and have fun with the sisters. 


Sister J Silva and Megan 





Sister J Silva

Sister Weatherford, Sister Nobrega, Sister J Silva and Sister Antunes 

Sister J Silva



Sister J Silva and Megan







Megan and Sister Soares
Sister J Silva and Sister Soares






Megan, Sister J Silva and Sister Antunes

Megan and Sister J Silva











Bob Marley/Jamaican shout out to Megan's sister Emily
Megan and Sister Pereira
Sister J Silva






This week passed by so fast and left me exhausted. I don't believe that this transfer is almost over. [mom note: A transfer is 6 weeks long. The current transfer ends next week on Wednesday and then Megan will only have 3 more transfers until she is home] I'm hoping to stay with Sister J. Silva and "kill" her, but we'll see what the Lord has planned for us. We're going to take advantage of this last week and talk to everyone. Our teaching pool is struggling a little bit, but we're going to work with the people who are progressing and find plenty of new investigators this week. 

Reginaldo is having a rough time leaving his addictions behind. I want so badly to help him and I'm praying that he can start to make some small changes in his life to make room for the giant change that the gospel can make. 

On Sunday morning we were running around like crazy, as usual, and we decided to stop by Brendon's friend's house. (Jonas). We asked him if he would like to go to church with us. He looked at us without saying anything for like 20 seconds and then said, "I'm not doing anything better right now. I'll go." Hahaha got to love the enthusiasm. But he ended up loving church and said next week he'll go again! We're excited to work with him!

On Saturday there was a hard-core church cleaning going down. The chapel here was needing it. Us and a bunch of members went and we cleaned the church like I'm pretty sure it's never been cleaned before. Sister J. Silva and I only cleaned one room in a couple hours, to give you an idea of how detailed it was. We cleaned every nook and cranny. I left the church a little light headed from breathing in the smell of so many cleaning supplies haha. But I was having flashbacks to all the Saturdays that I cleaned the church with the family. Good times. I'm grateful for parents who were always willing to serve in the church and made it fun. Mom and Dad, you two are the actual best. 

#minhavida //

+ Yesterday after church I was exhausted. So tired there are no words to explain it. We went to teach two recent converts (young women // Ju and Maria Eduarda) and I sat down on the couch and basically died. I think I might have actually died and then ressurected afterwards because I don't remember anything. And when Sister J. Silva woke me up I was so confused and I just started saying, "I can't feel my hand, I can't feel my hand!" The girls started dying laughing. 

And to finish up this email, I just wanted to wish the happiest of birthdays to Mr. Luke Baker [mom note: Megan's little brother] 14 years old! Congratulations buddy! Hope it's the best day ever. 

cheiros.

Sister M. Baker

3 comments :

  1. Que lugar lindo, que Sisteres felizes, sei que elas são verdadeiras representantes de Jesus Cristo, que maravilha minha irmã está entre essas adoráveis missionárias. Ótimo blog, vou mostrar a minha mãe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan I am so glad the girls are able to serve together.

      Delete
  2. Que lugar lindo, que Sisteres felizes, sei que elas são verdadeiras representantes de Jesus Cristo, que maravilha minha irmã está entre essas adoráveis missionárias. Ótimo blog, vou mostrar a minha mãe.

    ReplyDelete