3.25.2015

handwritten

sent 12.30.2014 // received today

Back of the envelope contained a pictorial of her Christmas Conference "experience" You can read more about it HERE


Feliz Natal Família!

I'm actually writing this letter after Christmas so it's a little late, but we gave this picture to the members of the Urick Graff ward here. We took the picture at the infamous mission Christmas Conference (before all the stomach problems popped up) I love the sisters I'm living with and I love Mossoró and I feel so lucky to have spent my Christmas here with them and the members here. Christmas was very different without you guys, but despite missing my perfect family, I loved spending Christmas in the Natal (Christmas) Mission. I've never spent a Christmas before so dedicated to the true meaning of this season, Jesus Christ. My love for the Savior has never been stronger. I'm understanding just the tiniest bit of what His life was like teaching and serving the people everyday of his life. I am able to feel shadows of the feelings He felt:: the love he has for each person, His joy when they followed Him, His sorrow when they chose a different path. i know that Jesus Christ lives. That His birth in the pastoral town of Bethlehem was a humble beginning to the life of the most perfect man to walk the earth. That He lived and died for each of us. That because He suffered we don't have to. And that is why I'm here! To help other people know this. I'm grateful for parents and siblings who taught me more everyday about Jesus Christ through their words and actions as they follow Him. I love you all so very much. Eu amo voces. 

Con amor,

Sister M. Baker

No comments :

Post a Comment